Forgot your password?

Back to login

Original academic certificates needed for residence renewal
October 11, 2017, 8:56 am

Minister of Social Affairs and Labor and State Minister for Economic Affairs Hind Al- Sabeeh revealed that highly-qualified expatriates must present their original academic certificates for the renewal of their residencies.

She said other categories are expected to be covered in this decision following the completion of the relevant study that is ongoing, adding that a circular in this regard will be issued after the study has been completed.

Minister Al-Sabeeh indicated that discussions about suspending the renewal of residencies for expatriates of marginal specializations are ongoing currently as part of the procedures for organizing the labor market and getting rid of marginal workers who roam the streets in search for work.

She stressed that the organizing procedures will not be limited to the expatriates but will also cover owners of companies and employers who are proven to have committed illegal steps for bringing expatriate laborers from overseas — in other words, those involved in human trafficking.

The minister explained that the procedures taken against such employers will begin with the closing of their files as a precautionary step after they are referred to the Investigations Department. The procedures include non-issuance of work permits for them after Public Prosecution charges them of the allegations.

Source: Arab Times

Share your views

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery