MoI staff going abroad need to notify destination

Police officers traveling abroad in future will have to notify the concerned authorities about the name of their destination.

A new circular from the General Directorate of Force Affairs in the Ministry of Interior (MoI) stipulates that all officers, non-commissioned officers and individuals, if they travel abroad, must notify the name of the country, or countries, they intend to visit in their application for annual or temporary leave.

According to the circular, this would help the authorities in determining whether the individual is in the country or abroad, in case of any emergency deputation. However, those who are on ministry-related trips or other work assignments are not required to file the country they are visiting. The Ministry bans the travel of its employees to three unnamed countries due to security concerns.