When talking about cheeses, you don’t usually take into consideration the color of the cheese or try to differentiate between yellow and white ones. But if you enjoy cheese in your diet, it would be beneficial to your help to start thinking a bit more about calories, fat, cholesterol and portions.
There are plenty of kinds of cheese that differ in texture, taste and colors.
- Yellow cheeses have in general more fat, cholesterol and calories than white cheeses. But it also depends on the kind of the white cheese you enjoy. Let’s go deeper!
- Common high-fat yellow cheeses are Cheddar, Kashkawan, Emmental, Swiss cheese, American cheese and Gouda.
- Common Low-fat yellow cheeses are Parmesan.
- Common high- fat white cheeses are Kraft, brie, Cambozola, Roqueford and Halloumi.
- Common low-fat white cheeses are Feta, Mozzarella, Boursin, Double-Creme, Ekkawi, Cottage and Goat cheese Eating cheese is so much easier right now.
- To maintain your health, always substitute non- fat or low-fat cheeses with high-fat options in your recipes. They can save you from ingesting many grams of fat and non-needed extra calories, yet they can be richer in calcium. High- fat cheeses should not be eaten by people who suffer from high cholesterol.
To subscribe to my diet programs, don’t forget to log in to: www.eatlikemira.com