Many people have put on some extra kilos during the holidays and it is really annoying especially for those who had lost weight before their vacations.
So at this point, you should consider trying to decrease your food portions while taking into consideration the quality of your food. Both quality and quantity of food are important to lower your fat body percentage.
This is an easy chart for my clients to let them know that they can still eat some of their favorite foods but with less fat and calories.
It can also be very useful for you after the holidays.
- Whole milk: Use low-fat or skim milk.
- Heavy cream: Use one cup skim milk plus 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, blended.
- Cheddar & Swiss cheeses: Use reduced fat versions, yellow cheeses that say 25 percent reduced-fat, concentrate on white cheese.
- Cream cheese: Use light cream cheese, cottage cheese, fat-free spreadable cheeses, and labneh.
- Mayonnaise: Use plain non-fat yogurt or fat-free mayonnaise, then you can add lemon juice for better flavor.
- Bacon: Use light turkey breast.
- One whole egg: use two white eggs.
- Nuts: Reduce the amount by half. Go for the raw almonds and walnuts.
- Canned cream soups: Use 99 percent fat-free.
- Ice creams: Go for frozen yogurt or sorbets.
- Chocolate cakes/croissants chocolate/doughnuts: Use chocolate custard or pudding/ jello.
- One cup chocolate chips: Use ½ cup chocolate chips.
- A bag of chips: Use one cup of popped or homemade popcorn/ 99 % fat-free microwavable popcorn.
- Juices: Use fresh fruits or fruit salads because they contain fiber while juices are zero fiber.
- Full-fat hot chocolate: Pick the fat-free powder hot chocolate (Cadbury: 40 calories per 3 tablespoons).
To subscribe to my diet programs, don’t forget to log in to: www.eatlikemira.com